Working as a Software Engineer at Virtual Identity means understanding clients' needs and finding solutions with a team of experienced professionals. Sharing your experiences and striving for better results every day within a craft by helping each other and proposing new solutions.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain complex, web-based Java or Node.js or front-end applications, depending on your preference
- Take over technical responsibility for your client project, from the cost estimation to the cross-browser functional implementation
- Navigate strategically with the clients to solve current and future problems
- Contribute to the team by sharing your expertise within the community
- Mentor and support other developers and help them reach new heights
What we expect:
- 4+ years of coding and project experience in the web environment and with agile methods
- Either deeply familiar with Java and knowledge of modern architectural concepts such as microservices, distributed architectures, Docker, Spring framework, Node.js and cloud services
- Experience with a fully automatic build / deploy and CI process (e.g. Github)
What we offer
Remote or VI office
You decide if you want to work from home, the VI office or a mix of both.
VI location hopping
Work one week per year from any other VI office of your choice – Freiburg, Munich, Porto or Vienna. Paid by VI. No project reason needed.
Take part in our wide range of cross location VI Academy trainings to evolve and grow aside from our daily business and connect with others.
Flexible working hours
Use our flexible working hours.
With EU passport, you can work up to 3 months per year remote from any EU country of your choice.
Take one workday per year for a charity work of your choice to help others.
Book up to 8 weeks of 1:1 coaching with our personal coaches.
You and your team members each get 200 € per year for team activities.
Unpaid vacation days
Additionally to your vacation days, you can take up to 10 unpaid days.
Apply for our annual 1-year leadership program, focusing on personal development and improving leadership skills.
We support you with the lease of your JobRad bicycle.